Arlington County Commuter Service’s story of success, and how transit corridors have transformed the county into a place with dense, walkable urban villages and very little traffic congestion, is highlighted in this video narrated by Bill Kurtis.
Month: July 2011
6:00 PM Transportation Techies: Capital ... @ WeWork Wonder Bread Factory
Transportation Techies: Capital ... @ WeWork Wonder Bread Factory
Mar 7 @ 6:00 PM
From event page: CaBi Hack Night is a show & tell of apps and data visualizations about Capital Bikeshare. Are you a programmer who has built something CaBi-related? Apps, hacks, dataviz, maps etc are all... Read more »
3:30 PM SXSW Panel: How to “Uber-ize” pu... @ South by Southwest 2017
SXSW Panel: How to “Uber-ize” pu... @ South by Southwest 2017
Mar 13 @ 3:30 PM – 4:30 PM
Stay tuned for more information closer to the event. What do ridesharing apps, autonomous vehicles and outdated infrastructure have in common? According to some, all are contributing factors to the ultimate demise of public transit.... Read more »
6:30 PM Transportation Techies: Bus Hack... @ Jackson Graham Building
Sign up for our newsletter
The twice-monthly Express newsletter features the best Mobility Lab stories and other transportation issues. Sign up here to receive the latest Mobility Lab news.
- University of Maryland project looks to crowdsource an accessibility map of DC's sidewalks Other programmers at the recent Walk Hack Night presented data visualizations that explore walkability and...
- Five ways employers are thinking big on commuter benefits A new publication from the Association for Commuter Transportation, entitled "Getting to Work," highlights the...
- Curing a hospital's transportation ailments This post originally appeared on the Arlington Transportation Partners blog.
Virginia Hospital Center is a leading medical...
- Friday, February 24, 2017When it comes to transportation choices, people generally do what is best for themselves. Understanding what factors influence people’s decisions can help the transportation industry
- Friday, February 24, 2017Having seemingly completed pilot experiments in San Francisco and Israel, Google Waze's carpooling app appears to be set to launch in other places soon. It
- Thursday, February 23, 2017Ford CEO Mark Fields has clearly been brushing up on the finer points of why transportation demand management is one of the most crucial tools
- Thursday, February 23, 2017SafeTrack surges in the past months have highlighted one of of the D.C. Metrorail system's largest demand crunches: the Rosslyn tunnel bottleneck, where the Blue,
- Wednesday, February 22, 2017"Mass transportation is an old-fashioned way of talking about transportation supply," says Matt Caywood, co-founder of TransitScreen, which started up at Mobility Lab. "It's defined as