Some might ask why would Arlington, Alexandria and DC invest in these programs? The traditional role of government with regard to transportation has been building supply. Since the earliest human history, rulers built roads for military and commerce. Many of these ancient routes, such as the Grand Trunk Road winding through the Khyber Pass, remain… Read more »
Month: April 2012
The Mobility Collaborative’s first white paper discusses the impact of rising gas prices on household budgets and travel behavior. Research and previous behaviors suggest that price increases alone are not going to be enough to change how people think about mobility. Check out “White Paper #1 – Mr. Toad’s Wild Ride and the Long-Term Impact… Read more »
Sign up for our newsletter
- Vox/Mobility Lab video: The high cost of free parking When Steve Jobs pitched Apple’s new California campus - which opened earlier this year -...
- Transit should be uncluttered onboard and in its advertising Mobility Lab recently published an article on how transit agencies nationwide should pool their resources...
- Survey: Arlington seniors are savvy users of public transportation Seniors in Arlington County, Va., have many similar traits to Millennials when it comes to...
- Thursday, July 27, 2017While Millennials and seniors are in diametrically opposing life stages, they are similar in many ways in their attitudes towards public transportation. Take the Millennials interviewed
- Wednesday, July 26, 2017Millennials and seniors having anything in common may sound unusual. But when it comes to transportation, seniors age 65 and up may be following their 18-to-35-year-old
- Tuesday, July 25, 2017Seniors in Arlington County, Va., have many similar traits to Millennials when it comes to using public transportation. This is one of several findings from a
- Monday, July 24, 2017This is a jaw-dropping sub-headline in Quartz's article, and one that should serve as a talking point on the reform of parking pricing in America:
- Friday, July 21, 2017Overall, research finds real-time transit information makes riders happier and can actually grow ridership, perhaps up to 2 percent. For struggling transit agencies, that can be hundreds