Some might ask why would Arlington, Alexandria and DC invest in these programs? The traditional role of government with regard to transportation has been building supply. Since the earliest human history, rulers built roads for military and commerce. Many of these ancient routes, such as the Grand Trunk Road winding through the Khyber Pass, remain… Read more »
Month: April 2012
The Mobility Collaborative’s first white paper discusses the impact of rising gas prices on household budgets and travel behavior. Research and previous behaviors suggest that price increases alone are not going to be enough to change how people think about mobility. Check out “White Paper #1 – Mr. Toad’s Wild Ride and the Long-Term Impact… Read more »
Sign up for our newsletter
- University of Maryland project looks to crowdsource an accessibility map of DC's sidewalks Other programmers at the recent Walk Hack Night presented data visualizations that explore walkability and...
- Five ways employers are thinking big on commuter benefits A new publication from the Association for Commuter Transportation, entitled "Getting to Work," highlights the...
- Curing a hospital's transportation ailments This post originally appeared on the Arlington Transportation Partners blog.
Virginia Hospital Center is a leading medical...
- Friday, February 24, 2017When it comes to transportation choices, people generally do what is best for themselves. Understanding what factors influence people’s decisions can help the transportation industry
- Friday, February 24, 2017Having seemingly completed pilot experiments in San Francisco and Israel, Google Waze's carpooling app appears to be set to launch in other places soon. It
- Thursday, February 23, 2017Ford CEO Mark Fields has clearly been brushing up on the finer points of why transportation demand management is one of the most crucial tools
- Thursday, February 23, 2017SafeTrack surges in the past months have highlighted one of of the D.C. Metrorail system's largest demand crunches: the Rosslyn tunnel bottleneck, where the Blue,
- Wednesday, February 22, 2017"Mass transportation is an old-fashioned way of talking about transportation supply," says Matt Caywood, co-founder of TransitScreen, which started up at Mobility Lab. "It's defined as