Arlington Transportation Partners (ATP)
ATP offers complimentary assistance in creating or improving existing commuter-friendly programs. ATP makes transportation simple!
Arlington Transportation Partners provides transportation expertise and services to businesses, residential communities, developers, and hoteliers in Arlington County. For more on Arlington Transportation Partners (ATP), see: http://www.arlingtontransportationpartners.com/
Employers today are giving a helping hand against the growing congestion in the region, and giving their employees a better work/life balance. Implementing commuter benefit programs allows employers to maintain a competitive edge in today’s marketplace. Since transportation is a major part of our daily lives, many multifamily residential properties also provide their residents with commute and travel benefits. Assistance in relieving the stress, time and cost of commuting has become a highly valued, low-cost amenity for employees, residents and tenants.
In operation since July 1998, ATP has assisted over 600 businesses, 300 residential communities, all 43 hotels, and 33 site plan properties located in Arlington County to improve their transportation amenities and benefits.
39% of employers and 74% of property managers would not have implemented services without assistance.
ATP has contributed to significant reduction in the following daily vehicle trips, mileage, gasoline and pollution, as documented in the 2010 Making and Impact Report:
- 24,000 single-occupant vehicle trips reduced
- 398,534 miles reduced
- 344 fewer pounds of NOx
- 178 less VOC
- 352,845 fewer pounds of CO2
- 16,745 fewer gallons of gasoline
High demand for residential and commercial space is expected to continue for the forseeable future. According to the 2008 Making and Impact Report, the following statistics show continued demand for residential and commercial space, illustrating the need for increasing ATP services.
- 13,398 new residential units have been completed since the 2000 census
- 3,301 residential units under construction (in 2008)
- Over 2,300 units were approved by the County Board in 2008 for future construction
- Over 374,000 square feet of major office space was under construction in 2008
- Over 2.2 million square feet of office space had been approved by the County Board but had not started construction as of 2008.
According to the 2010 MWCOG State of the Commute Survey, 27% of employees said their commute was more difficult than it was one year ago. 75% of those respondents said their commute was more difficult because of increasing congestion. These trends are expected to continue in future years, making ATP’s services essential to the region’s transportation system.
ATP Research Studies
- 2010 Redefine Your Commute Study: http://mobilitylab.org/2012/06/06/2010-redefine-your-commute-study/
- 2009 ATP Employee Commute Survey: http://mobilitylab.org/2011/12/31/2009-atp-employee-commute-survey/
- 2009 Arlington Transportation Partners (ATP) Solutions Newsletter Assessment Study: http://mobilitylab.org/2012/01/01/2009-arlington-transportation-partners-atp-solutions-newsletter-assessment-study/
- 2007 Arlington Transportation Partners (ATP) Client Study: http://mobilitylab.org/2012/01/26/2007-arlington-transportation-partners-atp-client-study/
- 2007 Arlington County Business Leaders Study: http://mobilitylab.org/2012/01/26/2007-arlington-county-business-leaders-study/
- 2005 Arlington Transportation Partners’ (ATP) Fiscal Year Annual Report: http://mobilitylab.org/2012/01/23/2005-arlington-transportation-partners-atp-fiscal-year-annual-report/
- 2001 Arlington Transportation Partners (ATP) Solutions Newsletter Assessment Study: http://mobilitylab.org/2012/01/21/2001-arlington-transportation-partners-atp-solutions-newsletter-assessment-study/