BikeArlington’s goal is to get more Arlingtonians biking more often, whether they’re commuting, shopping, or just having fun.
Arlington, Virginia is a great place to get around by bike. More than 100 miles of multi-use trails, on-street bike lanes, and designated bike routes make it easy for cyclists to get where they need to go. BikeArlington is a combined effort of many – from moms and dads advocating for safe routes to schools, to County staff building safer streets, trails, and intersections, to business owners, urban designers, park planners and event planners working to create places and events that welcome cyclists.
For more on BikeArlington, see: www.bikearlington.com
Our research shows that BikeArlington has helped 33% of those who started using their services to make changes in biking behavior.
BikeArlington goals are to:
- Improve mobility and health
- Enhances transportation efficiency in congested areas
- Enhance the quality of life and economic vitality of Arlington
Some important actions that help BikeArlington achieve these goals are:
- Participating in the regional Bike-to-Work day by creating Arlington activities
- Distributing over 30,000 copies of maps with bike trails and paths
- Conducting bike safety classes
Arlingtonians appreciate BikeArlington!! 68% of people surveyed said they were somewhat/very likely to recommend BikeArlington to a friend. Subtract from that the 10% who said they were somewhat/very unlikely to recommend BikeArlington to a friend, and you get an overall “Net Promoter Score” of 58% .
BikeArlington Research Studies
- 2011 BikeArlington Study: http://mobilitylab.org/2011/12/19/2011-accs-bikearlington-study/
- 2008 BikeArlington Study: http://mobilitylab.org/2012/01/02/2008-accs-bikearlington-and-walkarlington-studies/