Commuter Stores are your One-Stop-Shop
for all your non-car commuting needs.
The Commuter Store provides convenient, one-stop shopping for schedules, fares, and information about the many transportation options available in the Washington Metropolitan Area. There are four locations in Arlington and a mobile store that serves additional locations on a fixed schedule. For more information, please see www.commuterpage.com/stores.htm
Commuting in the Washington, DC region can be confusing. The Commuter Store provides one-on-one assistance in planning the best way to travel to your destination, whether by bus, rail, carpool, vanpool, bicycle, or walking. The Commuter Store also sells transit passes, provides maps and schedules, and assists with SmartBenefits provided by employers.
Our latest research shows that:
- The vast majority of customers (about 80%) are satisfied with their experience.
- While most customers find out about a Commuter Store while passing by, about a quarter hear about them through a friend, family member, or coworker.
- About 80% of customers make a purchase.
Most importantly, 32% of customers made a change in work travel after visiting a store and 28% made a change in non-work travel. More than a third of these customers say the Commuter Store contributed to that change.
The Commuter Stores intend to build on past success. Future plans call for new or improved Commuter Stores, and expansion of the Mobile Commuter Store program.
The Commuter Store Research Studies
- 2009 Commuter Stores Study (Wave 2): http://mobilitylab.org/2011/12/31/2009-commuter-stores-study-wave-2/
- 2007 Arlington County Commuter Services (ACCS) Commuter Store Study: http://mobilitylab.org/2012/01/26/2007-arlington-county-commuter-services-accs-commuter-store-study/