more people walking
more of the time.
WalkArlington partners with Arlington County citizens, businesses, and decision makers to promote the health, environmental, commuter, financial, and community-building benefits of walking.
For more on WalkArlington, see: www.walkarlington.com
Our research shows that WalkArlington works! 37% of those who started using WalkArlington’s services have made changes in walking behavior.
WalkArlington goals are to:
- Improve mobility and health
- Enhances transportation efficiency in congested areas
- Enhance the quality of life and economic vitality of Arlington
Some important actions that help WalkArlington achieve these goals are:
- Creating community and school walking events
- Creating Walkabouts – self guided walking tours throughout Arlington County
- Producing and distributing a monthly newsletter, Pacer, to over 1000 subscribers
WalkArlington does a good job!! 60% of people surveyed said they were somewhat/very likely to recommend WalkArlington to a friend. Subtract from that the 11% who said they were somewhat/very unlikely to recommend WalkArlington to a friend, and you get an overall “Net Promoter Score” of 49% .
WalkArlington Research Studies
- 2011 WalkArlington Study: http://mobilitylab.org/2011/12/19/2011-accs-walkarlington-study/
- 2008 WalkArlington Study: http://mobilitylab.org/2012/01/02/2008-accs-bikearlington-and-walkarlington-studies/