Alarm, shower, coffee, breakfast. Up until the moment the door slams, weekday-morning routines might be virtually standard across generations of Americans – but if that next step takes you to a sidewalk rather than a driver’s seat, chances are you’re a millennial. More than ever before, young people in the United States are choosing not… Read more »
Items Tagged with
The Arlington County Planning Research and Analysis Team (PRAT) is responsible for maintaining, analyzing, and disseminating information related to planning in Arlington County. Among other research, PRAT develops and maintains official County employment and population forecast to better inform long-range planning and transportation decisions. PRAT seeks to use demographic and transportation research findings to better… Read more »
Sign Up for Our Newsletter!
- Cities need common sense before they get smart Most people have heard about “smart cities” by now, although it isn’t always clear what...
- When bikeshare stations are near Metro, more people use them Capital Bikeshare can help get people to a Metro station when they live or work...
- The secret to Portland's bike share success is in the science of behavior change Launching a bikeshare? Be sure to head EAST - making it easy, attractive, social, and...
- Adam Russell Hi S,
Are you referring to the forwarding button at the bottom of the Express newsletter?...
- S The forwarding button doesn't allow me to enter my email and forward the newsletter.
- Monique Wahba Thanks, Chris. You underscore the whole point. If the system isn't user-friendly, folks who have...
- Friday, December 2, 2016Bikeshares benefit their cities in small, varying, and sometimes imperfect ways. Such cautious and incremental gains aren’t the stuff of bold headlines. But they’re small
- Thursday, December 1, 2016In the wake of Election Day 2016, at least one clear winner has emerged: public transportation. There were a historic number of transit-related funding
- Thursday, December 1, 2016Several pieces in this week's Express touch on the integration of bikeshare and transit, as both useful transportation connectors and how to simplify connections between
- Tuesday, November 29, 2016When transit passes are simple, flexible, and useful, the choice to take Metro or bus over other modes becomes that much more clear. In the D.C.
- Tuesday, November 29, 2016Donald Trump has nominated Elaine Chao for Secretary of Transportation, reports Politico. Chao, the daughter of a shipping magnate and wife of Senate Majority Leader