Alarm, shower, coffee, breakfast. Up until the moment the door slams, weekday-morning routines might be virtually standard across generations of Americans – but if that next step takes you to a sidewalk rather than a driver’s seat, chances are you’re a millennial. More than ever before, young people in the United States are choosing not… Read more »
Items Tagged with
The Arlington County Planning Research and Analysis Team (PRAT) is responsible for maintaining, analyzing, and disseminating information related to planning in Arlington County. Among other research, PRAT develops and maintains official County employment and population forecast to better inform long-range planning and transportation decisions. PRAT seeks to use demographic and transportation research findings to better… Read more »
Sign up for our newsletter
- University of Maryland project looks to crowdsource an accessibility map of DC's sidewalks Other programmers at the recent Walk Hack Night presented data visualizations that explore walkability and...
- Five ways employers are thinking big on commuter benefits A new publication from the Association for Commuter Transportation, entitled "Getting to Work," highlights the...
- Curing a hospital's transportation ailments This post originally appeared on the Arlington Transportation Partners blog.
Virginia Hospital Center is a leading medical...
- Friday, February 24, 2017When it comes to transportation choices, people generally do what is best for themselves. Understanding what factors influence people’s decisions can help the transportation industry
- Friday, February 24, 2017Having seemingly completed pilot experiments in San Francisco and Israel, Google Waze's carpooling app appears to be set to launch in other places soon. It
- Thursday, February 23, 2017Ford CEO Mark Fields has clearly been brushing up on the finer points of why transportation demand management is one of the most crucial tools
- Thursday, February 23, 2017SafeTrack surges in the past months have highlighted one of of the D.C. Metrorail system's largest demand crunches: the Rosslyn tunnel bottleneck, where the Blue,
- Wednesday, February 22, 2017"Mass transportation is an old-fashioned way of talking about transportation supply," says Matt Caywood, co-founder of TransitScreen, which started up at Mobility Lab. "It's defined as