Capital Bikeshare can help get people to a Metro station when they live or work too far away to walk there. As a result, the region’s busiest bikeshare stations are next to Metro, especially outside of D.C. Although some people do use bikeshare as their primary mode of getting around the same way others use… Read more »
Bryan Barnett-Woods is a transportation planner in Prince George's County with the Maryland-National Capital Park and Planning Commission. In addition to bicycling and rowing, Bryan likes nothing more than a good walk in the city. He lives in Barney Circle with his wife. The opinions expressed in this post represent Bryan's opinions only and do not represent the opinions of his employer.
all-day ACT International Conference @ New Orleans
ACT International Conference @ New Orleans
Jul 30 all-day
ACT’s International Conference is one of the largest gatherings of TDM professionals in the country. Attracting 500 attendees from across the United States, Canada, Europe, and Australia, representatives include individuals from major employers, departments of transportation,... Read more »
all-day TransportationCamp Toronto 2017
TransportationCamp Toronto 2017
Jul 30 all-day
The Institute of Transportation Engineers is organizing Toronto’s first TransportationCamp, to be held July 30, 2017 in conjunction with the Joint ITE/CITE 2017 Annual Meeting and Exhibit. Details at ite.org/annualmeeting/transportationcamp. For more information, contact Colleen Agan... Read more »
all-day ITS World Congress 2017 @ The Palais
Sign up for our newsletter
The twice-monthly Express newsletter features the best Mobility Lab stories and other transportation issues. Sign up here to receive the latest Mobility Lab news.
- Vox/Mobility Lab video: The high cost of free parking When Steve Jobs pitched Apple’s new California campus - which opened earlier this year -...
- Transit should be uncluttered onboard and in its advertising Mobility Lab recently published an article on how transit agencies nationwide should pool their resources...
- Station placement is key to connecting bikeshare to the transportation grid A typical bikeshare member might often face an easy choice in trying to get from...
- Friday, July 21, 2017Overall, research finds real-time transit information makes riders happier and can actually grow ridership, perhaps up to 2 percent. For struggling transit agencies, that can be hundreds
- Thursday, July 20, 2017Streetsblog's Angie Schmitt brings to light a really important issue that we think about every day at Mobility Lab. She notes that Americans spend more
- Wednesday, July 19, 2017When Steve Jobs pitched Apple’s new California campus - which opened earlier this year - he wanted to turn parking lots into green landscapes. But
- Wednesday, July 19, 2017Metro’s usual 700,000 riders per weekday dropped 11 percent this year due partly to Safetrack disruptions. Now Deloitte has dug into the numbers and it's
- Tuesday, July 18, 2017An intriguing podcast idea has been underway for a bit in the Twin Cities. Here to There, by local public affairs agency Apparatus along with Transit for