In 2010, my husband and I moved out to rural Northeast Kansas in order to live a more sustainable lifestyle. Our dream had one major flaw – a complete lack of public transportation. So these two save-the-planet sustainability groupies became just two more single-occupant vehicle drivers with big ugly carbon footprints. And we’re not alone. Forty-five… Read more »
Jenny is the head of CarmaHop, a ridesharing program that makes hitchhiking safe, easy, and reliable.
3:30 PM SXSW Panel: How to “Uber-ize” pu... @ South by Southwest 2017
SXSW Panel: How to “Uber-ize” pu... @ South by Southwest 2017
Mar 13 @ 3:30 PM – 4:30 PM
Stay tuned for more information closer to the event. What do ridesharing apps, autonomous vehicles and outdated infrastructure have in common? According to some, all are contributing factors to the ultimate demise of public transit.... Read more »
6:30 PM Transportation Techies: Bus Hack... @ Jackson Graham Building
8:00 AM ACT Public Policy Summit
ACT Public Policy Summit
Apr 19 @ 8:00 AM – Apr 21 @ 12:00 PM
The Public Policy Summit engages ACT members and representatives of the broader TDM and Mobility-on-Demand community in important conversations around policy issues involving regulations and legislation that are critical to the support of transportation demand... Read more »
Sign up for our newsletter
The twice-monthly Express newsletter features the best Mobility Lab stories and other transportation issues. Sign up here to receive the latest Mobility Lab news.
- Untangling the jumbled path towards the ultimate connected city This is part 1 of a two-part series on how advocates can create connected cities,...
- Visualizing a 10-minute walk's worth of transportation connections How far will 10 minutes of walking take you in Arlington? And which transportation options...
- Transit as a lifelong habit: Early transit use informs choices later on in life Travel choices are a habit, and not just one for a day-to-day consideration. A new...
- Monday, March 13, 2017It’s a common conversation topic among bike commuters: drivers block bike lanes all too often, and cities rarely seem responsive about it. This has been
- Friday, March 10, 2017U.S. bikeshare continues to grow steadily in the last year, bolstered by the country' largest systems. The total number of trips made by bikeshare rose
- Friday, March 10, 2017How far will 10 minutes of walking take you in Arlington? And which transportation options will you find? Mobility Lab’s tech advisor Michael Schade, inspired
- Thursday, March 9, 2017This is part 2 of a two-part series on how advocates can create connected cities. Part 1 examined public agencies reshaping their transportation priorities. Pinellas County,
- Thursday, March 9, 2017Travel choices are a habit, and not just one for a day-to-day consideration. A new study by Michael Smart and Nicholas Klein found that people