Arlington County, Virginia, with the help of a grant from the Virginia DOT, recently rolled out a cutting-edge multimodal trip planner, CarFreeAtoZ. In 2014, Salt Lake City launched the Hive Pass, a reduced-cost monthly transit pass for all city residents. In order to increase housing affordability, Seattle’s DOT may require new multi-family housing developments to offer “residential transportation options programs”… Read more »
Kirk is a program analyst at TransitCenter.
Sign up for our newsletter
The twice-monthly Express newsletter features the best Mobility Lab stories and other transportation issues. Sign up here to receive the latest Mobility Lab news.
- Disparity across D.C. region's commute times a "serious equity problem" An analysis from the Washington Post, with transit-mapping software provider Mapzen, highlights several severe disparities...
- WMATA Metrobus data projects explore effects of fare payments, disruptions Other presenters at Transportation Techies’ Bus Hack Night shared projects to help riders better understand...
- Will growth of shared mobility make people more willing to share their own cars? As many as 95 percent of trips in big cities could be shared with no...
- Biking education books spread to Arlington's free libraries Little free libraries present a chance to share awareness of transportation options
Educating people about transportation...
- Thursday, April 27, 2017Authors make the case for employing AVs in ways to minimize VMT increases Mobility Lab has often stressed the importance of autonomous vehicles being introduced as fleets rather than
- Wednesday, April 26, 2017Mobility Lab is studying the many unknowns about the market impact and the local community impact from the introduction of autonomous cars to our roads. And there
- Wednesday, April 26, 2017Sports fans in the DC region don't have to be limited by new, shorter Metro hours. While they absolutely should skip the traffic and parking
- Tuesday, April 25, 2017As many as 95 percent of trips in big cities could be shared with no more than a 5-minute inconvenience for riders, according to a
- Friday, April 21, 2017As last week's WSJ story on Tesla's parking crunches illustrated, the tech industry in Silicon Valley is grappling with dated thinking on how its employees