Displays make the process of taking transit easier A longer version of this post originally appeared on the TransitScreen blog. There’s a trillion-dollar trend called the ‘Internet of Things” – simply put, adding small computers to physical objects, and connecting everything together over the internet so useful information can be collected. When a recent McKinsey… Read more »
Earlier this year, Eric Fidler created an open source transit information screen that shows real-time Metro and bus arrivals, and bike availability at Capital Bikeshare stations. Now, you can make your own. Recently, I designed my own screen using the code Eric created, and mounted a tablet computer on the wall of my apartment to… Read more »
Sign up for our newsletter
- How ride-hailing is disrupting transit, the auto industry, and our communities This is a two-part series on ride-hailing carpool-like services. Part 1 introduced us to Via, now...
- Can multi-passenger ride-hailing complement public transit? This is Part 1 of a two-part series on Via, a ride-hailing carpool-like service that...
- Traffic planners should listen up to solutions offered by Transportation Techies Traffic wastes time and money almost everywhere on the planet, so congestion is the bogeyman...
- This school year, let’s teach kids to think critically about their city - Greater Greater WashingtonFriday, August 18, 2017Jeff Bunting is an educator in Arlington, Va., with an interest in transportation and urban planning. He writes: With the new school year soon to start,
- Friday, August 18, 2017With electric bicycles gaining popularity – and with their real potential to give drive-alone commuters a more realistic, better option than traditional bikes – people
- Thursday, August 17, 2017Jeffrey Tumlin is a leading thinker - a mover-and-shaker - on incorporating "transportation demand management" principles into the many ways planners are rethinking the ways
- Wednesday, August 16, 2017Traffic wastes time and money almost everywhere on the planet, so congestion is the bogeyman many transportation planners hope to defeat.Attendees at the most-recent Transportation
- Tuesday, August 15, 2017According to NACTO figures, bikeshare rides per day went from a third of a million in 2010 to 28 million for 2016 – a nearly