Let’s face it, transport’s problems are, at best, getting no worse. In my nearest city of London, the average vehicle speed today is the same as it was in the days of the horse-drawn cart, with a vastly higher vehicle throughput. As mentioned by Howard Jennings and Paul Mackie’s article on February 8, transport is… Read more »
James is a transport planner with 12 years experience, based in the UK. He specializes in policy and strategy for a new world of mobility, built from the community level up.
all-day ACT International Conference @ New Orleans
ACT International Conference @ New Orleans
Jul 30 all-day
ACT’s International Conference is one of the largest gatherings of TDM professionals in the country. Attracting 500 attendees from across the United States, Canada, Europe, and Australia, representatives include individuals from major employers, departments of transportation,... Read more »
all-day TransportationCamp Toronto 2017
TransportationCamp Toronto 2017
Jul 30 all-day
The Institute of Transportation Engineers is organizing Toronto’s first TransportationCamp, to be held July 30, 2017 in conjunction with the Joint ITE/CITE 2017 Annual Meeting and Exhibit. Details at ite.org/annualmeeting/transportationcamp. For more information, contact Colleen Agan... Read more »
Sign up for our newsletter
The twice-monthly Express newsletter features the best Mobility Lab stories and other transportation issues. Sign up here to receive the latest Mobility Lab news.
- Vox/Mobility Lab video: The high cost of free parking When Steve Jobs pitched Apple’s new California campus - which opened earlier this year -...
- Transit should be uncluttered onboard and in its advertising Mobility Lab recently published an article on how transit agencies nationwide should pool their resources...
- Station placement is key to connecting bikeshare to the transportation grid A typical bikeshare member might often face an easy choice in trying to get from...
- Mark steve Oho! I just stumbled upon this blog and found it a really amazing post about...
- John Perry Follow-up: I written a response to this piece here: https://bastardurbanism.wordpress.com/2017/07/08/marketing-the-freedom-of-transit/
- John Perry You should check out the advertising that has been done by Metro in Los Angeles....
- Wednesday, July 19, 2017When Steve Jobs pitched Apple’s new California campus - which opened earlier this year - he wanted to turn parking lots into green landscapes. But
- Wednesday, July 19, 2017Metro’s usual 700,000 riders per weekday dropped 11 percent this year due partly to Safetrack disruptions. Now Deloitte has dug into the numbers and it's
- Tuesday, July 18, 2017An intriguing podcast idea has been underway for a bit in the Twin Cities. Here to There, by local public affairs agency Apparatus along with Transit for
- Tuesday, July 18, 2017Read Mobility Lab Express #114 We've got a lot of great stuff happening here in the dog days of summer at Mobility Lab. If you like
- Monday, July 17, 2017Promoting transit is not just a one-off event for Seattle's major employers; it’s a core benefit to their employees. In fact, 65 percent of