From the event page:
Let’s talk about bus technologies and ways to use data collected from buses. Doors open at 6:30 (with pizza !), and speakers will start at 7:00.
Contact Michael if you have a project to share – anything bus-related that was built with code (app, hacks, data visualizations, maps, etc).
So far we have:
- James Pizzurro will show how he used WMATA’s APIs and Google’s Distance Matrix API to outfit MetroHero with Metrobus support.
- Max Grossman will show how he uses the WMATA API to map bus lateness.
- Dave Nesbitt will show how Mapzen can create isochrones for operators, routes, and stop.
- Michael Schade will show how he used the Transitland API to build a transit map for hundreds of systems.
- Metro staff will do a deep dive into farebox transaction data, and what it’s telling us.
If you plan on attending, please RSVP on the Meetup page here.