The Washington region has a new home for programmers who love playing with transportation data. The Transportation Techies meetup group welcomes technologists and the “code curious” to our meetings, which will mostly be show & tell demos of cool apps and visualizations. Our debut meetup explored cool programs built around Capital Bikeshare’s open data. The… Read more »
Items Tagged with
A new map – called the CaBi Range – should interest users of the Washington D.C. bikeshare system, Capital Bikeshare. The map shows all the stations you can bike to in 30 minutes or less, highlighting those stations in green, as well as the routes you would take to get there. Stations beyond the time… Read more »
Sign up for our newsletter
- Don't wait for transportation options, take them to the people Most people, believe it or not, really don't think much about their transportation options. They...
- DC Commute Times hopes to build a transportation community We are in a period rife with experiments in transportation, from the top down, from...
- Virtual currencies like Bitcoin could make transit faster and more secure Over the past 20 years, innovations previously undreamed of have appeared left, right, and center....
- Wednesday, September 20, 2017Montgomery County, Md., is working to provide a system of systems to make it easier for everyone to get around – a multimodal network.Together with the
- Wednesday, September 20, 2017Dockless bikeshare arrives in D.C. today and it should prove to be a really interesting experiment over the next six months.D.C. is one of the
- Tuesday, September 19, 2017“Guess what car I got to ‘drive’ today,” I greeted my V-8 engine, Motor-City maniac, lover of super-charged cars teenager (aka Dear Son).“What, Mobility Momma?
- Friday, September 15, 2017Read Mobility Lab Express #118We've had autonomous-vehicle fever around Mobility Lab lately. We're really concerned (and excited) about how the quality of people's lives are
- Thursday, September 14, 2017There was recently a wacky story in the news about pedestrians and others in Arlington spotting a driverless car roaming the streets. Turns out, it