An important tactic for transportation agencies to balance traveler demand on roads and transit is to give people the tools and information they need to make smart choices about how they get around. One such tool is rideshare matching – providing commuters with potential carpool or vanpool matches based on origin, destination, and time of… Read more »
Items Tagged with
Since Capital Bikeshare’s previous surveys in 2011 and 2012, members of the Washington D.C. region’s bikeshare program have grown a little older, become more widespread throughout the region (rather than simply being from the urban core), and become more prominently affluent white males. This latest survey (see the full survey and executive summary here) –… Read more »
Sign up for our newsletter
- Vox/Mobility Lab video: The high cost of free parking When Steve Jobs pitched Apple’s new California campus - which opened earlier this year -...
- Transit should be uncluttered onboard and in its advertising Mobility Lab recently published an article on how transit agencies nationwide should pool their resources...
- Station placement is key to connecting bikeshare to the transportation grid A typical bikeshare member might often face an easy choice in trying to get from...
- Wednesday, July 26, 2017Millennials and seniors having anything in common may sound unusual. But when it comes to transportation, seniors age 65 and up may be following their 18-to-35-year-old
- Tuesday, July 25, 2017Seniors in Arlington County, Va., have many similar traits to Millennials when it comes to using public transportation. This is one of several findings from a
- Monday, July 24, 2017This is a jaw-dropping sub-headline in Quartz's article, and one that should serve as a talking point on the reform of parking pricing in America:
- Friday, July 21, 2017Overall, research finds real-time transit information makes riders happier and can actually grow ridership, perhaps up to 2 percent. For struggling transit agencies, that can be hundreds
- Thursday, July 20, 2017Streetsblog's Angie Schmitt brings to light a really important issue that we think about every day at Mobility Lab. She notes that Americans spend more