Last week, the North American Bike Share Association brought together bikeshare systems from across the continent to Austin, Texas, for its third annual conference. BikeArlington program manager Henry Dunbar, who manages Capital Bikeshare in Arlington County, Va., attended the conference, and reports back that three major themes dominated the presentations. A growing mode Though NABSA… Read more »
Items Tagged with
North American Bikeshare Association
The North American Bikeshare Association has just launched to help guide the new and fast-growing bikesharing industry. The term “bikeshare” is quickly becoming a household term, with programs now in more than 300 cities worldwide. In the United States, bikeshare programs exist in more than 60 municipalities, from large cities such as New York to… Read more »
Sign up for our newsletter
- Vox/Mobility Lab video: The high cost of free parking When Steve Jobs pitched Apple’s new California campus - which opened earlier this year -...
- Transit should be uncluttered onboard and in its advertising Mobility Lab recently published an article on how transit agencies nationwide should pool their resources...
- Station placement is key to connecting bikeshare to the transportation grid A typical bikeshare member might often face an easy choice in trying to get from...
- Wednesday, July 26, 2017Millennials and seniors having anything in common may sound unusual. But when it comes to transportation, seniors age 65 and up may be following their 18-to-35-year-old
- Tuesday, July 25, 2017Seniors in Arlington County, Va., have many similar traits to Millennials when it comes to using public transportation. This is one of several findings from a
- Monday, July 24, 2017This is a jaw-dropping sub-headline in Quartz's article, and one that should serve as a talking point on the reform of parking pricing in America:
- Friday, July 21, 2017Overall, research finds real-time transit information makes riders happier and can actually grow ridership, perhaps up to 2 percent. For struggling transit agencies, that can be hundreds
- Thursday, July 20, 2017Streetsblog's Angie Schmitt brings to light a really important issue that we think about every day at Mobility Lab. She notes that Americans spend more