In January, Missoula, Montana’s transit agency, Mountain Line, began a three-year, “zero-fare” demonstration project on its fixed-route and door-to-door services, meaning boarding passengers no longer pay to use the bus. Implementing a zero-fare system was part of a larger transit improvement package that includes late-night service on its four most popular routes, increased frequency on… Read more »
Items Tagged with
all-day ACT International Conference @ New Orleans
ACT International Conference @ New Orleans
Jul 30 all-day
ACT’s International Conference is one of the largest gatherings of TDM professionals in the country. Attracting 500 attendees from across the United States, Canada, Europe, and Australia, representatives include individuals from major employers, departments of transportation,... Read more »
all-day TransportationCamp Toronto 2017
TransportationCamp Toronto 2017
Jul 30 all-day
The Institute of Transportation Engineers is organizing Toronto’s first TransportationCamp, to be held July 30, 2017 in conjunction with the Joint ITE/CITE 2017 Annual Meeting and Exhibit. Details at ite.org/annualmeeting/transportationcamp. For more information, contact Colleen Agan... Read more »
6:00 PM Transportation Techies: Playing ... @ Mobility Lab
Transportation Techies: Playing ... @ Mobility Lab
Aug 11 @ 6:00 PM
From the Transportation Techies event page: Join us for our Transportation Techies Meetup on Friday, August 11 to hear from coders who work on car-related projects. Speakers include: Chinmayee Joshi from Carnegie Mellon’s Navigation Laboratory, and Antonio... Read more »
all-day TransportationCamp Seattle 2017 @ MG2
TransportationCamp Seattle 2017 @ MG2
Aug 12 all-day
From the organizer: Seattle TransportationCamp will be a gathering fostering open conversation and collaboration between people interested in urban design and transportation issues. It is an opportunity to explore questions, promote new ideas, and network... Read more »
all-day Policy Implications of AVs for C...
Policy Implications of AVs for C...
Oct 6 all-day
Save the Date on October 6, 2017 for an invitation-only symposium that will set the direction for future research, education, and other efforts to get cities ready for a revolutionary new technology. The American Planning Association and... Read more »
Sign up for our newsletter
The twice-monthly Express newsletter features the best Mobility Lab stories and other transportation issues. Sign up here to receive the latest Mobility Lab news.
- Vox/Mobility Lab video: The high cost of free parking When Steve Jobs pitched Apple’s new California campus - which opened earlier this year -...
- Transit should be uncluttered onboard and in its advertising Mobility Lab recently published an article on how transit agencies nationwide should pool their resources...
- Station placement is key to connecting bikeshare to the transportation grid A typical bikeshare member might often face an easy choice in trying to get from...
- Wednesday, July 26, 2017Millennials and seniors having anything in common may sound unusual. But when it comes to transportation, seniors age 65 and up may be following their 18-to-35-year-old
- Tuesday, July 25, 2017Seniors in Arlington County, Va., have many similar traits to Millennials when it comes to using public transportation. This is one of several findings from a
- Monday, July 24, 2017This is a jaw-dropping sub-headline in Quartz's article, and one that should serve as a talking point on the reform of parking pricing in America:
- Friday, July 21, 2017Overall, research finds real-time transit information makes riders happier and can actually grow ridership, perhaps up to 2 percent. For struggling transit agencies, that can be hundreds
- Thursday, July 20, 2017Streetsblog's Angie Schmitt brings to light a really important issue that we think about every day at Mobility Lab. She notes that Americans spend more