[quote_right][feature_box title=”TDM TAKEAWAY” title_color=”fff” header_color=”369″]TDM practitioners should start exploring beyond the limits of the industry’s largest federal funding mechanism.[/feature_box][/quote_right] Would a common definition of the term and practice of transportation demand management help the industry find other funding sources, do better lobbying for policies, and gain wider acceptance and popularity? And, as we at Mobility… Read more »
Items Tagged with
Transportation Options Plan
Arlington County, Virginia, with the help of a grant from the Virginia DOT, recently rolled out a cutting-edge multimodal trip planner, CarFreeAtoZ.[quote_right][feature_box title=”TDM TAKEAWAY” title_color=”fff” header_color=”369″]When local transportation officials think creatively, they can get out from under some of the limitations presented by federal laws.[/feature_box][/quote_right] In 2014, Salt Lake City launched the Hive Pass, a reduced-cost monthly… Read more »
Sign up for our newsletter
- Don't wait for transportation options, take them to the people Most people, believe it or not, really don't think much about their transportation options. They...
- Virtual currencies like Bitcoin could make transit faster and more secure Over the past 20 years, innovations previously undreamed of have appeared left, right, and center....
- Bikeshare systems get more creative with equity issues This article was originally published at Jennifer's blog.I recently attended the North American Bikeshare Association...
- Flexibility, careful planning, and natural fit are what make car-free zones work - Greater Greater WashingtonFriday, September 22, 2017We're hearing a lot more lately about proposed zones around Washington D.C. for non-car use, including certain hours on 18th Street Northwest in Adams Morgan, 18th Street North in
- Thursday, September 21, 2017This article was originally published at Jennifer's blog.I recently attended the North American Bikeshare Association (NABSA) conference in Montreal to present some of the findings
- Wednesday, September 20, 2017Montgomery County, Md., is working to provide a system of systems to make it easier for everyone to get around – a multimodal network.Together with the
- Wednesday, September 20, 2017Dockless bikeshare arrives in D.C. today and it should prove to be a really interesting experiment over the next six months.D.C. is one of the
- Tuesday, September 19, 2017“Guess what car I got to ‘drive’ today,” I greeted my V-8 engine, Motor-City maniac, lover of super-charged cars teenager (aka Dear Son).“What, Mobility Momma?