Would a common definition of the term and practice of transportation demand management help the industry find other funding sources, do better lobbying for policies, and gain wider acceptance and popularity? And, as we at Mobility Lab constantly ponder internally, is the user-unfriendly term TDM keeping us from reaching these goals as well? Kirk Hovenkotter,… Read more »
Items Tagged with
Transportation Options Plan
Arlington County, Virginia, with the help of a grant from the Virginia DOT, recently rolled out a cutting-edge multimodal trip planner, CarFreeAtoZ. In 2014, Salt Lake City launched the Hive Pass, a reduced-cost monthly transit pass for all city residents. In order to increase housing affordability, Seattle’s DOT may require new multi-family housing developments to offer “residential transportation options programs”… Read more »
Sign up for our newsletter
- Vox/Mobility Lab video: The high cost of free parking When Steve Jobs pitched Apple’s new California campus - which opened earlier this year -...
- Transit should be uncluttered onboard and in its advertising Mobility Lab recently published an article on how transit agencies nationwide should pool their resources...
- Station placement is key to connecting bikeshare to the transportation grid A typical bikeshare member might often face an easy choice in trying to get from...
- Wednesday, July 26, 2017Millennials and seniors having anything in common may sound unusual. But when it comes to transportation, seniors age 65 and up may be following their 18-to-35-year-old
- Tuesday, July 25, 2017Seniors in Arlington County, Va., have many similar traits to Millennials when it comes to using public transportation. This is one of several findings from a
- Monday, July 24, 2017This is a jaw-dropping sub-headline in Quartz's article, and one that should serve as a talking point on the reform of parking pricing in America:
- Friday, July 21, 2017Overall, research finds real-time transit information makes riders happier and can actually grow ridership, perhaps up to 2 percent. For struggling transit agencies, that can be hundreds
- Thursday, July 20, 2017Streetsblog's Angie Schmitt brings to light a really important issue that we think about every day at Mobility Lab. She notes that Americans spend more