Most people have heard about “smart cities” by now, although it isn’t always clear what it means for a typical, medium-sized city. My home of Perth, Australia, has the same issues as most American cities. Does “smart cities” mean waste bins giving pep talks to stop littering? Traffic lights swearing at reckless drivers? No, the… Read more »
Alex Fletcher, via the Freewheeler TDM platform, is committed to activating healthy & efficient communities by increasing walking, cycling and public transit mode share. He is the founder of Freewheeler and principal at Fletcher Law.
all-day 2017 Pennsylvania Automated Vehi...
2017 Pennsylvania Automated Vehi...
Sep 11 all-day
As highly automated vehicles grow in public awareness,automated vehicle technology offers the promise of a mobility revolution. Please join in a public discussion on critical issues facing community and regional infrastructure planning and workforce development... Read more »
all-day Policy Implications of AVs for C...
Policy Implications of AVs for C...
Oct 6 all-day
Save the Date on October 6, 2017 for an invitation-only symposium that will set the direction for future research, education, and other efforts to get cities ready for a revolutionary new technology. The American Planning Association and... Read more »
all-day ITS World Congress 2017
Sign up for our newsletter
The twice-monthly Express newsletter features the best Mobility Lab stories and other transportation issues. Sign up here to receive the latest Mobility Lab news.
- How ride-hailing is disrupting transit, the auto industry, and our communities This is a two-part series on ride-hailing carpool-like services. Part 1 introduced us to Via, now...
- Can multi-passenger ride-hailing complement public transit? This is Part 1 of a two-part series on Via, a ride-hailing carpool-like service that...
- Traffic planners should listen up to solutions offered by Transportation Techies Traffic wastes time and money almost everywhere on the planet, so congestion is the bogeyman...
- This school year, let’s teach kids to think critically about their city - Greater Greater WashingtonFriday, August 18, 2017Jeff Bunting is an educator in Arlington, Va., with an interest in transportation and urban planning. He writes: With the new school year soon to start,
- Friday, August 18, 2017With electric bicycles gaining popularity – and with their real potential to give drive-alone commuters a more realistic, better option than traditional bikes – people
- Thursday, August 17, 2017Jeffrey Tumlin is a leading thinker - a mover-and-shaker - on incorporating "transportation demand management" principles into the many ways planners are rethinking the ways
- Wednesday, August 16, 2017Traffic wastes time and money almost everywhere on the planet, so congestion is the bogeyman many transportation planners hope to defeat.Attendees at the most-recent Transportation
- Tuesday, August 15, 2017According to NACTO figures, bikeshare rides per day went from a third of a million in 2010 to 28 million for 2016 – a nearly