This post originally appeared on Talking Transportation. [quote_right][feature_box title=”OPTIONS OPPORTUNITY” title_color=”fff” header_color=”369″]Soliciting rider feedback helps transit agencies offer insight on the best use of their data.[/feature_box][/quote_right]It’s common throughout the transportation industry to make data available for private use, often ending up being presented in mobile apps. No surprise, if a department of transportation or local transit agency… Read more »
[quote_right][feature_box title=”TDM TAKEAWAY” title_color=”fff” header_color=”369″]Messages about how transportation initiatives can improve people’s lives and the environment are good ways for agencies to make the case for transportation-funding needs.[/feature_box][/quote_right] As Earth Day approaches on April 22, it’s worth considering how well state departments of transportation talk about their environmental responsibilities. A new report by the American Association… Read more »
Sign up for our newsletter
- Don't wait for transportation options, take them to the people Most people, believe it or not, really don't think much about their transportation options. They...
- Virtual currencies like Bitcoin could make transit faster and more secure Over the past 20 years, innovations previously undreamed of have appeared left, right, and center....
- DC Commute Times hopes to build a transportation community We are in a period rife with experiments in transportation, from the top down, from...
- Thursday, September 21, 2017This article was originally published at Jennifer's blog.I recently attended the North American Bikeshare Association (NABSA) conference in Montreal to present some of the findings
- Wednesday, September 20, 2017Montgomery County, Md., is working to provide a system of systems to make it easier for everyone to get around – a multimodal network.Together with the
- Wednesday, September 20, 2017Dockless bikeshare arrives in D.C. today and it should prove to be a really interesting experiment over the next six months.D.C. is one of the
- Tuesday, September 19, 2017“Guess what car I got to ‘drive’ today,” I greeted my V-8 engine, Motor-City maniac, lover of super-charged cars teenager (aka Dear Son).“What, Mobility Momma?
- Friday, September 15, 2017Read Mobility Lab Express #118We've had autonomous-vehicle fever around Mobility Lab lately. We're really concerned (and excited) about how the quality of people's lives are