Mobility Lab’s communications team billed this event as “Ray LaHood unplugged,” and it really became that sort of a jam. LaHood riffed on everything from Arlington streetcars to bikes and on national safe school-bus transportation programs to Chicago’s Mayor Rahm Emanuel visiting 145 “elevated” stops to ensure better transit for working folks. Ray LaHood, the… Read more »
Mike is a communications consultant with Mobility Lab and CEO and founder of GreenSmith Public Relations.
all-day Policy Implications of AVs for C...
Policy Implications of AVs for C...
Oct 6 all-day
Save the Date on October 6, 2017 for an invitation-only symposium that will set the direction for future research, education, and other efforts to get cities ready for a revolutionary new technology. The American Planning Association and... Read more »
12:00 AM TRB: The Six Minute Pitch
TRB: The Six Minute Pitch
Oct 6 @ 12:00 AM
The Six Minute Pitch: A Transportation Startup Challenge is a special Young Member Council (YMC) session at the Transportation Research Board (TRB) 2018 Annual Meeting during which selected presenters pitch their cutting-edge, research-based concept for... Read more »
all-day 2017 Remix Conference: Tell Stor... @ M. Rich Center
2017 Remix Conference: Tell Stor... @ M. Rich Center
Oct 7 all-day
Mobility Lab’s Paul Mackie will be the keynote speaker at the Remix Conference on October 7, 2017, in Atlanta. Better transportation starts with compelling communication. Selling great ideas can’t rely on reports and PDFs alone.... Read more »
6:00 PM Transportation Techies Metro Hac... @ WMATA HQ
Sign up for our newsletter
The twice-monthly Express newsletter features the best Mobility Lab stories and other transportation issues. Sign up here to receive the latest Mobility Lab news.
- Virtual currencies like Bitcoin could make transit faster and more secure Over the past 20 years, innovations previously undreamed of have appeared left, right, and center....
- Don't wait for transportation options, take them to the people Most people, believe it or not, really don't think much about their transportation options. They...
- Bikeshare systems get more creative with equity issues This article was originally published at Jennifer's blog.I recently attended the North American Bikeshare Association...
- Friday, September 22, 2017A September 20 ribbon-cutting ushers in what should be the start of some relief along the Interstate 66 corridor in Northern Virginia into D.C. If
- Flexibility, careful planning, and natural fit are what make car-free zones work - Greater Greater WashingtonFriday, September 22, 2017We're hearing a lot more lately about proposed zones around Washington D.C. for non-car use, including certain hours on 18th Street Northwest in Adams Morgan, 18th Street North in
- Thursday, September 21, 2017This article was originally published at Jennifer's blog.I recently attended the North American Bikeshare Association (NABSA) conference in Montreal to present some of the findings
- Wednesday, September 20, 2017Montgomery County, Md., is working to provide a system of systems to make it easier for everyone to get around – a multimodal network.Together with the
- Wednesday, September 20, 2017Dockless bikeshare arrives in D.C. today and it should prove to be a really interesting experiment over the next six months.D.C. is one of the